Here are five things in the Frontend Engineering world, that I found interesting…
- 30 Seconds of CSS - From the site, “A curated collection of useful CSS snippets you can understand in 30 seconds or less.” I like the idea of short snippets presented well for easy reading.
- Compilers are the New Frameworks - From Tom Dale’s blog, he provides some thought-provoking sentences about where our web apps may be heading.
- React’s New Context API Explained - From Wes Bos, on his personal site, he gives an example on github on how you might use this new React API.
- The Downward Spiral of Slow Code Reviews and How to Fix It - From Panaseer’s Medium blog, Anton von Borries talks about how they decided to do code reviews. I believe in code reviews, so should you. ;)
- Autoplay Policy Changes - From François Beaufort who works on the Chromium team, some important updates that every Frontend Engineer needs to know about autoplay if their site has video that does this. TLDR: Times are a changin’.
Kevin B. Ridgway
Like this list? Want to get it in your inbox?
Sign up for newsletter!